In 1897, a marble grave marker was found in Seno d’Elvio valley, near Alba. This discovery encouraged Federico Eusebio to found an archaeological museum. The monument – dated back to the II century A.C – had been commissioned by the libertus Caius Didius Vicarius and dedicated to himself, to his patron, to his daughter, dead when she was 19, and to his son in law. The inscription concludes with the indication of the extension of his funerary area and with the announcement that his heirs had no title on the monument. The tympanum is decorated with the Roman shield, behind which two beams cross.